Terms & Conditions
THE PROMOTER E&J Gallo Winery, 4th Floor, Harman House, 1 George Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1QQ
ADMINISTRATOR Davison Williams, 2 Bleeding Heart Yard, London EC1N 8SJ
This prize promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to UK residents (excluding Scotland) aged 18 years or over at the time of entry excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, the Promoter’s agents, third parties or any other person professionally connected with the Promotion.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
THE PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The Promotional Period opens at 07:00 on 17.05.2023 (the "Opening Date") and will end at 23:59 on 06.06.2023 (the "Closing Date").
HOW TO ENTER
- Text DINE to 82727.
- Entrants must have a mobile phone to enter this Promotion and be able to send and receive messages to/from 5-digit short codes. Entry is by text only. Messages will be charged at entrant’s service provider’s standard network rate. Texts may not be included in any text inclusive packages. Users on virtual mobile networks may not be able to text the short code. Please check with your network provider and ask the bill payer before texting. If you text before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date, you will not be entered but you may be charged. Take care when entering the text code; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes and you may be charged at a higher rate. If you are unable to send a text, please check with your network operator first. For technical issues only, phone 0845 08 29622 between Monday and Friday from 9:30am to 5pm excluding public holidays.
- Only 1 entry per person during the Promotional Period. Only one mobile phone number will be accepted per person. Any entrant using multiple mobile phone numbers to access the Promotion will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void.
- No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter that any entrant or the entrant’s household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data, using identities other than their own, using any other automated means in order to increase that entrant's entries, or otherwise acting dishonestly, fraudulently or otherwise in violation of these terms, such entrant will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed or not received for whatsoever reason.
- PRIZE WINNER SELECTION
- Winners will be drawn at random within 7 days of the closing by an algorithm created by an independent third party.
PRIZE AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
- There are three prizes to be won. Maximum one prize per winner. Each winner will receive a pair of tickets (2) to a dining event in London on the 20th June 2023. Both the winners and their guests must be 18+ to attend the event. Approximate retail price of the pair of tickets is £120.
- The winner will also receive a £50 per person travel allowance (maximum £100); payment will be made in advance of travel by bank transfer to each winner for all travelers, or by cheque if preferred.
- Prizes are not transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to replace a prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Prize winners will be notified via text message. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners, but if a winner fails to respond to the notification text within ten (10) working days, does not meet the eligibility requirements, or is subject to any entry restrictions, he or she will forfeit the prize
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility in the event a winner is not able to take their prize.
- Winners may be asked to take part in reasonable publicity without payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, using a winner’s name and, if relevant, their image and any statements made by them concerning the Promotion and the prizes won as part of the Promotion. This does not prevent the Promoter from disclosing the winner’s surname and county of residence in accordance with paragraph 10.8 of these Terms and Conditions.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants for any losses that may be incurred as a result of entering the Promotion and the Promoter does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of a winner’s acceptance of a prize except where such damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its agents. In any event, the Promoter’s liability is limited to one thousand pounds.
- DATA PROTECTION
- Promoter’s decision is final and binding in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try and circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize claim to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- For non-technical assistance during the Promotion, please email ConsumerRelations@DarkHorseWine.com. The identity of the winners (last name and county only) will be made available to anyone sending an email making such request to ConsumerRelations@DarkHorseWine.com within eight (8) weeks of the closing date of the Entry Period.
- If any clause or provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by a court to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this declaration shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other clause or provision within.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.